Sauteed Pear on a Spinach and Ricotta Pizza
Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- 2 pears, cut into wedges
- Wholemeal pizza base or wholemeal flat bread (100 g)
- ¼ cup (60 g) tomato pasta sauce
- 250 g low fat ricotta cheese
- 2 bunches spinach, blanched, drained and chopped
- ½ punnet red cherry tomatoes or 2 chopped Roma tomatoes
- 500 g pumpkin, cut into chunks and cooked (steamed or roasted)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Baby spinach leaves to garnish
Preheat your oven to 220°C.
Spread the tomato sauce over the flat bread or pizza base and top with the ricotta, spinach, cherry tomatoes and pumpkin. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden and hot.
Sauté the pears with 1 teaspoon olive oil until golden add a little honey at the end and a splash of white balsamic. Alternatively, lightly coat the pears in the olive oil and balsamic and place them on the pizza before baking. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the pears and baby spinach.
Serve hot with a green leafy salad.