Pears with a Zesty Dip
Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- 6 pears, cut into wedges
- 450 g skim milk cottage cheese or ricotta
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 50 g soft pitted dates, chopped (optional)
- 50 g chopped dried apricots (optional)
- 50 g chopped almonds (optional)
Combine the cottage cheese, honey and orange zest in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Fold in the cinnamon, dates, apricots and almonds. Spoon into a serving dish and serve with pear wedges on the side.
- If you don’t have a food processor, simply mash the ingredients with a fork.
- When mangoes are in season add to the cottage cheese before processing, then fold in sundried papaya and passion fruit for a delicious tropical fruit dip to serve with the pears.