Pear, Prawns, Green Bean & Bocconcini Salad with Salsa Verde
Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- 200 g firm green pear, stem removed and cored
- 100 g mixed lettuce leaves
- 280 g cooked king prawns, completely peeled and vein removed and cut into bite size pieces
- 12 green beans, trimmed cut into 4 cm pieces, blanched and chilled
- 20 g bocconcini, sliced
- ¾ cup sourdough croutons
For the salsa
- 1 tightly packed cup parsley
- 20 g pickled gherkins, roughly chopped
- 20 g capers
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Ground black pepper to taste
For the croutons
- 4 slices day old sourdough sliced bread, in 1.5 cms thick slices approximately
- Alfa One rice bran oil spray
To make the croutons: Cut the bread into 2 cm squares. Place into a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil. Put onto medium heat and toss to colour and crisp – you need to keep the croutons moving; alternatively you can use the oven to dry and brown the croutons. Tip onto a kitchen towelling lined plate and cool.
Make the salsa by putting the parsley, gherkins, capers and garlic into a food processor and work for 30 seconds; add the oil, juice and pepper and work until smooth and runny.
Cut the pear/s into fine slices. On individual plates, layer on equal amounts of the leaves, pear slices, prawn pieces, green beans and bocconcini. Drizzle the salsa verde over the salad ingredients or serve separately on the side.
Alternatively, you can put all ingredients into a large salad bowl and toss with the salsa verde.
Top with the croutons.