Cumin Pears, Carrot, Tofu and Lentil Strudel
Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- 200 g firm green pears, stem removed and cored
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds, dry roasted and cooled
- 150 g carrots, peeled and grated
- 150 g firm tofu, diced into 1cm pieces
- ¾ cup precooked canned lentils, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 6 sheets Filo pastry
- Spray Alfa One rice bran oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain low fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven 180°C or 160°C fan force.
Cut the pear flesh into dices 1cm square pieces and put into bowl – grind the Cumin seeds in the mortar and pestle; sprinkle over the pears and toss to coat well.
Combine the carrots, Tofu, lentils and orange zest – mix well.
Lay one sheet of pastry on the bench – spray lightly with oil. Top with another sheet and repeat until the pastry is all used.
Spoon the carrot mixture down one side of the assembled pastry layers – top with diced pears – sprinkle with ground black pepper; roll and pull in the ends to make a sealed package – lift onto a baking paper lined baking tray. Spray with a light coating of oil and bake until browned and crisp – around 45 minutes.
Combine the yoghurt, mint and pepper – serve the sliced strudel hot with the yoghurt and green salad or steamed vegetables of your choice.