Creamy Artichoke and Pear Soup
Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 golden shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2-3 cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 800 g Jerusalem artichokes, peeled
- 4 ripe Packham’s Triumph pears, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 1 extra Packham’s Triumph pear, unpeeled and finely sliced
Heat oil in a large saucepan add the shallots, garlic and ginger over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until softened but not coloured.
Add the artichokes, pears and stock, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the artichokes has
softened enough to mash easily.
Place the soup in the blender and process until silky smooth.
Season and serve with dried pear slices.
To dry the pear slices: cut the pear into thin slices, lay on a baking tray and place in a slow oven to dry but not colour.